Monday, April 13, 2009

Rookie Dad: She's so done with Easter


Yesterday was the first Easter for the youngling. It may have been the first official Easter for her on the record books but I'm rather certain that she didn't grasp the whole concept of the day's festivities. She actually slept through a good portion of the afternoon which is probably good. Even when she gets older how is she going to entirely understand a day whose secular meaning boils down to ham and chocolate?

And how can I be expected to explain a giant bunny who leaves behind eggs? I'm no wildlife expert but I do know that bunnies don't lay eggs and chickens are just beginning to make their way into the Easter holiday.

At least the youngling had fun during the few hours she spent awake. By the end of the day her stark white sweater had red Jello-stains courtesy of her older cousins. Hey, at least I learned a lesson, children and white clothes do not mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment