Tuesday, April 7, 2009

Rookie Dad: She's eyeing my food


The youngling is inching closer to the five month mark. She is still as toothless as my grandma was and has a bit less hair than my dad but she's quickly honing her tastebuds - both present and future.

While she's a bit over a week into the adventure known as rice cereal, she's already looking into the future. Already she has grabbed mom's bowl of ice cream and tugged it close to gum the decade old stoneware dish and last night she was contemplating whether or not her future included pizza.

As she stared at the large slices while we ate, I think she made up her mind that, yes, the future does include pizza. It may be quite some time before she earns her Italian food chops because I'm not big on sharing and I'm fairly certain that teeth are a prerequisite for pizza.

No comments:

Post a Comment