Monday, April 20, 2009

Rookie Dad: All about the aim


After five months, I am still working on my aim. No, this isn't about the mythical basketball hoop in my driveway. This is all about a little girl who "spits up" at random times.

Yesterday, while talking to a couple visitors, The Youngling managed to spit up no less than three times. Two of those times ended up on my fancy t-shirt.

This morning was no different. After getting her dressed for the day in clothes perfectly fit for the relatively cool and dreary day, she decided that is was prime time for puke time.

Amazingly her aim while lying on her changing pad is impeccable. Not a drop on the pad but the entire collar of her spiffly little shirt was drenched in warm milk. This led to mom dressing The Youngling for the second time.

Then came those fateful few moments before mom shoved off for work. She can actually sense baby puke making its way towards to exit and quickly aimed pukesy outwards as she produced four tiny but warm pools of milk on the laundry room floor. At least it allowed me to further hone my janitorial skills.

If my boss is reading this, that's why I arrived at work a few minutes later than usual.

No comments:

Post a Comment