Monday, June 22, 2009

Rookie Dad: She's a swinger


Maybe it's because I get extremely focused from time to time. That may be what caused me to buy a huge pile of lumber on Saturday in hope of transforming it in to a semi-mammoth backyard swingset complete with a tower, slide and a few other climbing activities.

Sure, a seven month-old won't be tearing down the slide or making her way up the rock climbing wall anytime soon but it's all about the future. Well, the future and the fact that this whole project stemmed from her experience last weekend in an infant swing which saw her both full of glee and trying out her baby gangsta lean. So really this project is essential.


While other dads were lying in a hammock sipping a glass of iced tea, I was covered in a manly mix of sweat and sawdust as I measured and cut varying lengths of lumber.

As of this morning, a pile of cut lumber is covering a section of my lawn and construction central has overtaken the garage. Can I get this project done in one week with the stifling heat and humidity trying to slow me down? I think I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment