Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Rookie Dad: It was epic


During this recent reincarnation of the dust bowl, I've spent a decent amount of time watering the flowers down on the plantation. That's precisely what I was doing Sunday around noon when my wife yelled out the back door to me, "You have to see this!". Of course I threw down the hose and quickly made my way inside.

There she stood with The Youngling half naked on top of her portable changing pad in the laundry room with the world's fullest diaper ever. Oh, and the smell - I am fairly certain I smelled it ten feet before I opened the door but I still went inside - I thought she was crawling or something really cool but I had been duped. If you'll recall the last entry, the little girl was experiencing a bit of a back-up. That, after Sunday, was no longer a problem and The Youngling couldn't have been happier.

She's always a happy little girl but after that virtual explosion she was positively giddy. She had expelled a good pound or two of stored-up inventory by virtue of everything being priced to move. I could have done without the stench but it's good to have everything moving properly again.

No comments:

Post a Comment