Friday, May 29, 2009

Rookie Dad: The Play-Doh Fun Factory


There has been somewhat of a traffic back-up lately. No, not on 35W or 169 but with The Youngling. The combination of formula and green beans has caused a back-up within the baby's digestive tract. The little trooper has dealt quite well with it, outside of the occasional sore tush, and I'm very proud that she isn't a whiner.

The one thing I could do without during this whole ordeal is the Play-Doh Fun Factory effect. It happened just the other evening when, after being fed, I carried The Youngling upstairs to change what I deemed a smelly diaper and opened it up. Not bad as far as dirty diapers go. Then I heard a small noise along the lines of "poof". This was the beginning of the Play-Doh Fun Factory. I had a front row seat to how a 6 month-old's digestive process works and I really had little choice in the matter.


I should have been disgusted by the green matter being expelled but all I could do was laugh as the wife poked her head in and said "It looks like a human Play-Doh Fun Factory".

That's how odd terms are coined in our home.

No comments:

Post a Comment