Monday, May 18, 2009

Rookie Dad: It's sweet potato time


That really says it all. The Youngling has finally added flavor to her diet in the form of sweet potatoes. No, not whole, straight-from-the-can sweet potatoes but the finely pureed stuff bought in the baby food section of Target. And to this point she hasn't met a food she didn't like. There is no fighting with her to get that tiny mouth open and there's no spitting food out. Just like Mikey, she likes it and so far we haven't seen any symptoms of the far-too-common sweet potato allergy so all of us can sleep well at night.

As far as what The Youngling is doing between feedings of tasty sweet potatoes, she was getting plenty of attention on Sunday. Her older cousin spent the afternoon with us and we experienced, as a group, some time at a local park where I got myself stuck on a slide and after removing myself from that slide all that was left was one exhausted dad. Those couple hours gave me a look at what my future holds and apparently I need to start taking my Flintstones vitamins and drinking coffee. A lot of coffee.

No comments:

Post a Comment