Friday, April 12, 2013

Rookie Dad: A conversation about chickens

baby chicks
"Daddy, don't forget to leave my booster seat with Grandma today. I'm going shopping with Grandma and Grandpa."

"Oh, what are you three buying?"

"Grandpa's buying chicks. They go 'cheep, cheep, cheep, cheep'."

"Cool. What's he gonna do with those chicks?"

"Feed 'em. They'll eat out of my hand. They're so cute!"

"What else happens to the little chicks?"

"When they grow up, Grandpa kills them!"

"He does?"

"Yeah, then we eat them."

At this point, The Youngling licked her lips and smacked them, professing her love for tasty chicken as only she can do.

"Daddy, can we have chicks in the back yard?"

"No, we don't have enough room."

"If we did, Daddy, I could kill them with my toy gun if I had a toy gun. Boom! Boom!"

"That's not how it's -- never mind. Put your shirt on."

No comments:

Post a Comment